1. Julia Child didn’t start learning about cooking until she was 37.
2. Feast your eyes on the Big Appetites photo exhibit.
3. Neanderthals used herbal remedies.
4. What’s wrong with our food system infographic.
5. Waaa. Superweeds may spell the end of GM crops.
Two Very Different Musical Feasts
6. SING IT WITH ME, “F Monsanto and F GMO, F Roundup and bovine growth hormone.”
7. Did you know Back wrote a Coffee Cantata?
Apparently coffee, relatively new at the time, was expensive. A woman was so enamored of the drink that she refused to marry unless she could go on drinking coffee (to the horror of her father and suitors). The lyrics include this gem: “Father, don’t be so severe! f I can’t drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat.”